As Halloween quickly comes into view, it’s about time to plan yourself a spectacularly spooky weekend! Of course, early Friday evening will be spent tending to the doorbell and passing out candy to the children of Bethlehem. But, as the trick-or-treaters head home and the weekend goes on, South Bethlehem will host numerous exciting shows and events celebrating Halloween. Check out these five music events happening in South Bethlehem this weekend. All events listed are open to the adult public and guaranteed to spook and satisfy all who attend!
1. The Steel Pub Halloween Parties
- When: Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th – 8 pm to Midnight
- Where: The Steel Pub
- What: This Halloween weekend, The Steel Pub will be hosting two nights of music filled fun. Night one will feature the local modern rock band Doubting Thoma$. Come night two, the pub will be filled with the mixed rock/pop band Secret Treaty. Costumes are welcome and encouraged both nights! Find out more here: Oct. 27th event and the Oct. 28th event.
2. Funhouse Halloween Doubleheader
- When: Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th – 9 pm to 2 am
- Where: Funhouse
- What: This year, Funhouse is offering two nights of themed Halloween parties. Friday night is 90’s themed and will feature the 90’s cover band Starting Tomorrow. Saturday night’s music will be performed by local band Modern Romantz and the theme will be dead musicians. Each night is costume friendly and those with the best on theme costume will win a prize! The parties also boast drink and snack specials. More details here.
3. Phlesh At Southside 313
- When: Friday, October 27th – Starts at 9 pm
- Where: Southside 313
- What: Are you a fan of The Grateful Dead as well as the undead? Then head over to Southside 313 for their Halloween bash! The evening will be based around the undead, rock-loving cover band Phlesh: The Jam Band from Hell. Zombie costumes encouraged – the band has already called dibs on the brains of all the living that attend. More details here.
4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- When: Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28 – Starts 11:30 pm
- Where: Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- What: This cult-classic needs little introduction. Spend either Friday or Saturday night celebrating Halloween with one of the most popular scary movies ever created. The Rocky Horror Picture Show event at Steel Stacks is more than just a screening of the musical though. Each show includes performances from the “One from the Vaults & Sweet Translucent Dreams” shadow casts. Costumes and singing along are 100% encouraged! More details here.
5. 6(66)th Annual Halloween Cover Show
- When: Friday, October 27th – Starts at 7 pm
- Where: The St. Bernard’s
- What: This annual Halloween show at the local The St. Bernard’s bar will feature numerous local bands. While all cover bands, the genres will vary throughout the night. A great introduction to the underground music scene in South Bethlehem! The night will be benefiting PAWOODS, a non-profit for local BMX trails. More details here.
Once the trick-or-treaters leave the streets, be sure to head out in your costumes to check out these shows and let the music get you into the spooky spirit. Have a fun and safe Halloween weekend!